Looking to one-click create article from a ticket response.

Chris Stival October 14, 2021

I have users who've asked me for an option to take a response in a JSM ticket and automatically create a KB article in one of the linked Confluence Spaces based on that answer. I've seen THIS in the marketplace, but it's not for cloud. I've also seen some past discussions whereby this can be done but it's not an ideal solution for us. Does anyone have any suggestions for another app to accomplish this goal?

"Issue to Page for Jira" - https://marketplace.atlassian.com/apps/1218533/issue-to-page-for-jira?hosting=server&tab=overview

2 answers

1 accepted

3 votes
Answer accepted
Laura Campbell _Seibert Media_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 14, 2021

Hi @Chris Stival ,

I'm with Elements and our app Elements Publish to Confluence could meet your needs.

The app allows you to set source issue criteria, pre-select the Confluence space and parent page where you want the article to be created, and then you can design pages with a WYSIWYG editor and insert data, attachments, and even labels from your issues.

If you would like to copy comments, we currently have a change request open that you can vote for or watch to stay updated.

You can then either manually activate the recipe from the action menu of the issue, or add the recipe to a transition so it's triggered as a post-function.

Let me know if you have any questions

Chris Stival October 15, 2021

Hi @Laura Campbell _Seibert Media_ yes this is interesting. I do have a few questions...what's the best way to contact you?

Laura Campbell _Seibert Media_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 15, 2021

If you send an email to our support portal, our Solution Engineer or Product Manager can help you: 

support@elements-apps.com

Like Chris Stival likes this
0 votes
Alex Koxaras _Relational_
Community Leader
Community Leader
October 14, 2021

@Chris Stival hi!

You could use Jira Automation and REST API to create a basic page in Confluence. This will save you some money, but it will cost you time to develop it.

Chris Stival October 14, 2021

Hi Alex,

Thanks for your reply. I've read that it can be done in the way you describe, but like you say it could be costly. I'm happy to pay for an app to do this, but am not finding anything beyond the one I've mentioned. Maybe I just need to wait for the cloud version of Issue to Page for Jira. :-)

Alex Koxaras _Relational_
Community Leader
Community Leader
October 14, 2021

You can always send them an email to find out. If they don't have any plans on releasing a cloud version, then the Jira Automation is the way to go (for now, or at least for when another app appears).

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events