Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking for an option to iterate through Insight LookupObjects and do some checks

Klime Buneski December 27, 2021

Hi all,

I have one specific requirement for which I am unable to find a way to fulfil, so wanted to share it with you and see if anyone has any idea or option that can help:

Environment: Jira SM Cloud , Insight CMDB, Automation for Jira, JMWE

In the Insight we have an Object "Contact" with different attributes, including "Email" containing Contact's email address.

Requirement: I am asked to create a scheduled automation rule that will be triggered once in a day and runs the following sequence:

• gets all "Contact" objects - to get access to their Email addresses
  • for each value/Email in the lookupObjects."Email" result set I should check whether the "Contact" has a Customer Portal account created or not

Obstacles: My idea was within a Automation for Jira rule to get the "Contact" objects, iterate through their Email addresses and somehow compare whether there is a registered Customer user with that same email address.

However, I was unable to find available ways to do the following:

• Insight IQL - was unable to find a way to iterate through the result set - for each value to do some actions/checks. I found the option to display the values in the Log, but not to do additional comparison
  • Within Jira Smart values I was unable to find a way to access the Portal Customers database - there are options to access issue Assignee/Reporter/Commenter or a value of a User Custom field, but not directly the Users list/database

I will appreciate if anyone of you can help with a suggestion or idea for some other approach?

Thanks,

Klime 

1 answer

0 votes
Fabian Lim
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 28, 2021

Hi @Klime Buneski

You may want to use scriptrunner and have it perform these checks. Link: https://www.ravisagar.in/kb/get-insight-attributes-using-scriptrunner-jira

Adding @Ravi Sagar _Sparxsys_ 

Klime Buneski December 28, 2021

Thanks a lot @Fabian Lim ,

I will check the suggestion and will get back if any issues.

Best,

Klime

Klime Buneski December 28, 2021

As I see, the articles are for the Server edition, while this instance is on Cloud.

Thanks again for the articles however.

Best,

Klime

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders