Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Login Issue - Service Desk Customer Auto Redirects to SSO versus UserName/PW

Brad Agee May 10, 2022

We use traditional username/PW authentication for our Service Desk customers. However, a customer of ours uses various atlassian.net web services and when accessing our service desk landing page they are not presented the option to enter their password but instead redirected to their own atlassian SSO login screen.

Up until the last couple of weeks, this user when accessing our service desk landing page they were given an option to enter their password but now that option is not available.    

Note: we have cleared all atlassian.net cookies on the browser.

Is there a workaround for this issue? 

Thanks in advance. 

Brad

1 answer

0 votes
Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 11, 2022

@Brad Agee Does this happen in all browsers?  Are they using Chrome?  I have seen this when they are using Chrome and logged into the browser.  Using incognito mode fixes the issue.

Brad Agee May 16, 2022

Thanks, Brant for your response.

They are not using Chrome but having the issue surface in FF and Edge.

I have asked the client to test 'InPrivate Window' on edge and have not heard back from them yet. Will keep you posted.

Do you know if Attlassian changed their login logic (in the last 2-3 weeks) that would not allow him to bypass the SSO login page?

Thanks for your help!

Brad

Brad Agee May 16, 2022

Brant,

Here is the response from my client:

Close but – still did not work.

I entered my email.

I did get to the login showing my email with other options (such as google, etc.) which then prompted for password.  So thought I was good.

But that took me back to ask for my email again(b) , and then only gave me the SSO option. 

Also, I closed that window and opened another incognito window – then just got (b)

Any thoughts on next steps?

Brad

Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 16, 2022

@Brad Agee I do not know of any login change.  Since it is not Chrome I can only think this would be a cache issue or something with the specific individuals account.  Let me know how incognito mode goes.

Zach Kramer June 13, 2022

Hello @Brant Schroeder - I am actually @Brad Ageecolleague and we are still struggling with this access issue.  Incognito mode was unsuccessful. 

To give an update, we had the user deleted by our Jira Admin.  We asked them to re-register for an account, but now they are not even receiving registration emails.  We had another individual at the same customer sign up and register without any issues.

We would appreciate any insights you might have to help!

Thanks!

Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 14, 2022

@Zach Kramer I would suggest submitting a service desk issue to Atlassian https://support.atlassian.com/contact/#/ They will be able to specifically look at his account and see what is happening.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events