Come for the products,
stay for the community

The Atlassian Community can help you and your team get more value out of Atlassian products and practices.

Atlassian Community about banner
Community Members

Community Events
Community Groups

Login Announcement links not working for "https://[...]/servicedesk/customer/portal/1?forcesso"

Hello all

I have an employee-only helpdesk instance, where all users opening the URL are being redirected to SSO via the resolution SAML app and automatically signed in with their company account - works fine ever since.

I also have a helpdesk instance, where external and internal users are collaborating. Here I disabled the automatic SSO login, to allow externals to enter their username and password. Now this causes some confusion with internal users, as they think they need to enter their domain credentials (which does not work). As a solution, I wanted to add a login notification including a link to the automated SSO login (see screenshot):

Link setup: https://<our custom jira domain>/servicedesk/customer/portal/1?forcesso

Screenshot 2021-10-14 105534.png

This does not work however and instead opens the same login page with the same notification in a new tab instead of actually logging the user in. If I copy/paste the link from the notification and navigate there manually, the redirect parameter works just fine - so I assume some kind of weird wrapper inside Jira as the root cause. If I put a link like www.google.com in the notification it also opens correctly in a new tab. Given the time Atlassian takes to fix bugs, does anyone know a feasible workaround for this?

Many thanks in advance!

0 answers

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
SERVER
VERSION
TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Jira Service Management

Coming Soon: Insight Changing to Assets

The 2020 acquisition of Mindville added powerful asset and configuration management capabilities to Jira Service Management in the form of Insight. Following the completion of that integration, custo...

256 views 1 9
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you