cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Linked ticket update

Ben Dale
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
September 4, 2023

We are wanting to link updates to a Jira board ticket to our Service Management ticket.

In the example, we have a standard user (Bob) raising a ticket that requires a system change. The Tech on the helpdesk recieves the ticket (IT-001) and creates a linked ticked to a Development Jira Board (DB-099) for work. As the developers work on the change, they update the Development ticket (DB-099). 

When the DB ticket is updated, we would like the comment to be pushed into the IT ticket. Is there anyway to do that?

I don't really want the IT Tech to sit between the two tickets, checking both tickets for updates and relaying. I also don't really want a developer to go onto the master ticket IT-001 and update if possible as we are looking to have a buffer between front line and development.

Hope this makes sense.

Thanks

2 answers

2 votes
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 4, 2023

Hi @Ben Dale , you can leverage Automation to sync your comments. See if the following helps you out - Copy-Comment-to-linked-Issue-when-new-comment-is-added . Please note that every comment placed in the development issue will be copied to your JSM issue, which may or may not be desirable.

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 5, 2023

@Ben Dale , we're you able to try out automation?

0 votes
Rilwan Ahmed
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 4, 2023

Hi @Ben Dale ,

Welcome to the community !!

Is IT and DB project in same instance ? If yes, granting access to IT project for the required users from DB project will not work ?  

Ben Dale
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
September 4, 2023

We were trying to get the development team to just update their board work, rather than in both locations. Until we get the best solution, that is our current work around.

Like Rilwan Ahmed likes this

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events