Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Link portal only customer to Insight object

Bart Van Mol October 2, 2022

hi,

I have a question about linking portal only customers to Insight objects.

I created a user atttribute as described in the article, but I do not see the group "Portal only customer" in the dropdown. (I see only groups with internal JIRA users).

See description in article:

Automatically add object linked to reporter to Insight field on ticket creation. | Jira | Atlassian Documentation

Does anybody know how to deal with this and get this group in the dropdown?

Thanks

Bart

1 answer

0 votes
Joseph Chung Yin
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 2, 2022

@Bart Van Mol -

Welcome to the community.  Have you look into your automation rule (as mentioned in the KB) to determine if the rule itself is executing correctly?  Lastly, did you create a custom JSM field (using the Insight Object Field type) and expose it to your JSM issues?

Best, Joseph Chung Yin

Jira/JSM Functional Lead, Global Infrastructure Applications Team

Viasat Inc.

Bart Van Mol October 3, 2022

Hi, maybe I do not understand exactly what you mean.

Which Insight field do I need to create exactly to see the Portal only customer in the dropdown? 

Also this sentence in the article is not clear to me how to achieve this. “For this automation to work, the "User" type attribute created above must be populated with the reporter's account. ”

=> IT IS CLEAR NOW : I needed to keep the user attribute value empty when defining and when creating an object customer portal users will be populated when typing a user name in this field.

To be honest: very confusing, maybe better to show the user group "customer portal users" in the user attribute value as it is the case for other groups.

thanks

Bart

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events