cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Link knowledge base article to Service Desk issue type

serge calderara
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 19, 2021

Dear all,

I have different type of request in my Service Desk for which I have define for instance a particular label for each issue type in order to be able to return related KB from confluence.

In sample below I have define it so for major incident type in the Knowledge base setting of my SD project :

YvPtAtVj8X.png

Then I have created different page on confluence side as seen below :

f9v6dkS9HW.png

All articles in red square have been label with same label as define in issue type above (major_incident)

Then when I look at my issue generated with major incident type, on the right hand side I have a knowldedge base field which appears as below :

vxNQNAMXtR.png

It is mentioning that he find out 1 article, but in fact it is pointing to the root of my page tree instead of displaying only the page which is label by "major_incident"

JIFwNEdoqG.png

What is the way when I click on the knowldedge base field that it shows immedialy the proper article instead of the parent page ?

Does it need to be organise in different way ?

Thanks for sharing

regards

serge

1 answer

0 votes
Kian Stack Mumo Systems
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 19, 2021

@serge calderara

You have a slight misunderstanding of what this screen does:

YvPtAtVj8X.png

When you set up a label in this screen, it only controls which articles will be suggested to customers when they are raising a request. The articles shown to agents are not bound by that restriction.

Additionally, it won't show ALL articles to you with those labels, it will only show pages that contain text that can be matched in the summary of the issue.

serge calderara
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 19, 2021

Thanks for your reply @Kian Stack Mumo Systems .

I understand your firts point.

But I face a strange issue to clarify. I have created my test article as below in confluence :

chrome_mKveDH6jXY.png

The 2 created articles above are matching the exact issue title that I want then to appears in knowledge article issue fields

For the first test issue I get the following :

Nz0d1K8fUI.png

As you can see from picture above the knowledge field display 2 articles but in fact the second article is the title of the Space in confluence.

Question 1 : Why does it display the Space default HOME page as a reference article ?

For the second test issue I get the following :

0Im2R0mpwI.png

As you can see this time from the above issue, at this time it display in knoyledge base articles only teh corresponding article an not the Space home page as in first test issue.

How do you explain this difference behaviour ?

Regards

Kian Stack Mumo Systems
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 20, 2021

@serge calderara, the explanation here is just that Jira Service desk is matching something within the home page to something within the summary of the issue. 

To the best of my knowledge, there is NOT a way to filter out the homepage from the search results.

serge calderara
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 20, 2021

ok @Kian Stack Mumo Systems thanks for potential explanation

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events