• Give kudos
  • Received
  • Given

Leaderboard

• Global

Trophy case

Kudos (beta program)

Kudos logo

You've been invited into the Kudos (beta program) private group. Chat with others in the program, or give feedback to Atlassian.

View group

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Link between Create Issue and portal

I'm setting up a help desk screen for HR called 'Questions for HR.' I just went into the screen scheme and modified it to it has 4 essential fields.  When I go to Create Issue, it shows the fields. When I go to the portal, it only shows two. Is there some way to get the portal to reflect exactly what Create Issue's fields are?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted

Hi @Jim Stewart,

If I am getting you correctly, you are looking for the configuration of the portal screens. You can find those under Project Settings > Request Types.

Every request type is a form on the portal. As you click on any request type, you will see a page with three tabs:

• Agent view
  • Request Form
  • Workflow statuses

On the Request Form tab, you ca add the additional fields you would like to see on the portal. So it is an additional configuration step you'll need to take! 

Yes I see that. But does 'Agent View' mean that that is yet another screen if the agent somehow wants to look at different fields? Or if not, what exactly is that?

Hi @Jim Stewart,

It's a bit complex, true. I don't know if you're familiar with Jira Software (JSW), but let's say the agent view in JSM is what the issue lay-out is in JSW.

In short: the agent view is the layout of the issue as it is displayed internally to your agents, so not on the portal.

The longer version: Atlassian is currently rolling out what they call the new issue view (if you have too much time on your hands, you can read much more about that in this article). Basically, apart from a UI and feature overhaul, it wants to introduce a single issue configuration instead of the existing schemes. The agent view in JSM or the issue layout in JSW is the new issue view for issues as they are viewed by your internal users.

Yes, I know each software enough to be dangerous. I did hear something about the new issue view. But for now, if I have a portal view but someone also might use Create Issue AND I want an agent view, I have to make sure that, say, Create Issue and portal are using the same screen configuration. ('Coz that's what we want.) But discretionarily, agents might choose to have another view which is more configuring, yes?

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Jira Service Management

Why upgrade to Jira Service Management Premium?

We often have questions from folks using Jira Service Management about the benefits to using Premium. Check out this video to learn how you can unlock even more value in our Premium plan.  &nb...

163 views 0 4
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you