Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Link JIRA Software project to JIRA Service Desk

Justin V July 20, 2017

I am attempting to link my exisiting JIRA Software Project to my new JIRA Service Desk. I am using a JIRA Service Desk add-on called Clone and Move JIRA Plugin, but when I try to locate my JIRA Software Project, I cannot see it.

Is there a free plugin or another way I can easily get my JIRA Service Desk tickets into JIRA Software? They are seperate servers and have a weblink configured.

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 20, 2017

>They are seperate servers 

This means you are going to need to find or write synchronisation code, as separate services are, well, separate.  JIRA Service Desk and Software are expected to be run on the same server, and the Clone and Move add-on expects to be in the same JIRA too.

If you need a simple copy to the other system, then you could script something over REST (if you have a scripting add-on) or maybe use a webhook.  If you want a full sync, I'd be looking at the marketplace for the synchronisation add-ons

Justin V July 20, 2017

Is there no way to do this over seperate servers? Even if they were on the same server, wouldn't they be different instances?

Are there any plugins that you would recommend?

How difficult would the scripting be?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 20, 2017

Yes, with some coding, it's possible.

You can run them separately, but generally, Atlassian expect you to run JIRA Core and add Software AND Service Desk to it if you need both.  If you had all three installed as a single JIRA, you'd find Clone and Move works fine, as does "create linked issue from this SD Request".

I'd recommend K15t's Backbone and Exalate for synchronisations, but they may be expensive if you're only doing simple copies.

The complexity of the scripting depends entirely on how complexity of what you need to do.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events