Limiting Assignee options and Group picker Options

Cary Watkins May 25, 2018

I am currently deploying a Service Desk Platform that is very large and has hundreds of support teams and an even larger customer base.

I am looking to accomplish 2 things:

1 - We have an "Owner Group" field. This is the support team that is owning the issue prior to it being assigned to an individual. Because we are using the JIRA groups, this field mixes system groups with these groups. Is there any way to limit a group picker to a subset of groups? I am willing to use something like "group name contains this prefix" on the field or if anyone can think of a better way to do this?

2 - Because the owning group could change, I want to figured out a way (and this may be with a listener when the issue is updated) that if the Assignee is populated, to ensure the assignee is part of the Owner Group. If the assignee is not, it changes the ticket to Unassigned. I would LOVE to be able to limit the ticket assignee to just those people in the owner group, but that might just be going too far.

I am switching from a very large and complex ticketing system but unfortunately its not an easy transition from silos of queues to JSD's version of "Queues". Any help would be greatly appreciated. 

0 comments

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events