Limit who can cancel a request (when shared with an organization)

Adrienne McCoy December 28, 2020

Hello,

I have an organization set up in JSD because employees need to view other employees requests.

The issue with setting up the organization is that employees can cancel other employees requests.

I want to be able to limit the person who cancels requests to be:

1 - the person who reported the issue

2 - an agent on that service desk.

Is there a way to do this?

Any help is much appreciated!

3 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Joseph Chung Yin
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 28, 2020

@Adrienne McCoy -

You can customize it via the WF.  Essentially, creating condition on who can transition the WF from one status to another status.

You can also refer to the following posting for further idea -

https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-Service-Management/cancel-request-button-in-Service-Desk-Portal/qaq-p/1406962

Hope this helps.

Best, Joseph Chung Yin

Jira/JSD Functional Lead, Global Infrastructure Applications Team

Viasat Inc.

Adrienne McCoy January 21, 2021

Hi Joseph,

Thank you for your response! I've set up 2 separate conditions on the cancelled transition 

1- only reporter condition

2- user is in project role: service desk agent.

When I set up the transition, agents cannot cancel requests but could prior to this change.

Am I setting it up incorrectly?

Thank you!

Joseph Chung Yin
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 21, 2021

@Adrienne McCoy -

In your WF's transition setup for your condition, make sure you you select "Any of the following conditions" option.  See screenshot below.  By default it is always set to "All of the following conditions" option.  If you didn't change the default option, it means that only a user who is the reporter and associated with project role can execute the condition.

2021-01-21_14-13-11.png

Hope this helps.

Best, Joseph

Adrienne McCoy January 22, 2021

Thanks Joseph! This works perfectly! I appreciate your response.

1 vote
Taranjeet Singh
Community Leader
Community Leader
December 28, 2020

@Adrienne McCoy  You can basically do the following to achieve what you are looking for:-

1. Create a transition "Cancel request" (if not already created) in your Service Desk request's workflow, and expose it to your customers/employees on the Customer Portal by checking the "Show transition on the customer portal" checkbox for this transition.

2. Put a condition on "Cancel request" transition in the workflow to allow only a reporter (a customer/employee) or assignee (an agent) to actually see and execute this transition.

I hope this helps!

0 votes
Joseph Chung Yin
Community Leader
Community Leader
December 29, 2020

@Adrienne McCoy -

Hope our replies help you to address your ask.  If so, please mark your ask as "Answered".

Best, Joseph

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
SERVER
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events