Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Limit visibility on tickets created in a next-gen service desk project

Chantal Plank June 3, 2021

Wanted to get thoughts on if anyone has been able to configure permissions in next-gen SD. These are the two requirements my team needs in next-gen.

• Users (reporters) who raise tickets can only see their own tickets
  • User (reporters) should not be able to view tickets raised by other users (reporters) unless they are added as a participant to it

I have removed all group access to the project and just added project admins with custom built permissions. When filling out the form in the portal the user will be created as a customer. This testing worked, however some users are still able to see issues in the search function that are not part of the project admins added into the project. 

Question: Is there a way to remove next gen SD tickets from being searchable by the organization? Or this is because the global permissions are setting the access/visibility into the project?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Joseph Chung Yin
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 3, 2021

@Chantal Plank -

You can implement Issue Security Configuration setup against your project to fulfill your requirements.  Take a look at this link - https://support.atlassian.com/jira-cloud-administration/docs/configure-issue-security-schemes/

When issue security scheme is implemented, you can define different security levels and apply them against your issues.  One of the usage is to restrict users can only see the issues that he/she reported in the project.

Hope this will give you a start.

Best, Joseph Chung Yin

Jira/JSM Functional Lead, Global Infrastructure Applications Team

Viasat Inc.

Chantal Plank June 3, 2021

Thanks for the suggestion, Joseph! To confirm, this works for next gen SD projects too? I have heard mixed feedback so trying to get a handle on our next gen projects. 

Joseph Chung Yin
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 4, 2021

@Chantal Plank -

Even though our Jira env is on-prems (Data Center), the concept of issue security should still work for Next Gen Projects in the Cloud env.  The link reference that I provided is for the Cloud env and I don't see any mention of issues with Next Gen projects.

I would recommend you to submit a support request directly with Atlassian to ask them if there are any limitation with issue security scheme against Next Gen Projects.

Looking forward to hear what Atlassian has to say.

Best, Joseph

Chantal Plank June 8, 2021

@Joseph Chung Yin Thanks so much for your insights. I was able to uncover that next-gen does not currently support ISC and by default any user who has a service desk license will be able to search for and view the tickets from the project. Looks like this is a feature request with Atlassian that has not yet been put on the roadmap :-( 

For our use case, since we don't have enterprise so I can't spin up a separate instance to solve the issue, we will be migrating the project back to classic. 

Joseph Chung Yin
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 8, 2021

@Chantal Plank -

Thanks for your updates and info on Next Gen project.  If my inputs assisted you, please click on Accept Answer when you can.

Best, Joseph

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events