Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Limit Jira Service Desk visibility to customers on portal not possible?

Valerii.Ivanov September 2, 2020

Hello team,

We have 4 service desk projects under one instance, for different partners. And we have a need to separate users from each portal.

Difficulty #1. We do not want to restrict customers from raising a request without being logged in (using a widget) and use the portal they are registered at (is this possible at all?)

Difficulty #2. There is no "Customers who have an account on this Jira site"  in my Customer Permissions tab

CustomerPermisssions.png

Please advise.

King regards,

Val

1 answer

0 votes
Fahad Siddiqui
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 3, 2020

@Valerii.Ivanov  

Customers details can been seen under Customer's tab below queues.

You need to create organizations and then provide required permissions

Valerii.Ivanov September 3, 2020

Hi @Fahad Siddiqui ,

Thanks for quick response! I have created an organization for this specific project. 

Can you please advise the flow?

Now I have organizations created, added a test user there (which is created automatically once request has been raised), please advise the next steps? 

Fahad Siddiqui
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 3, 2020

Click on change permissions and then provide the access as per your requirement.

Valerii.Ivanov September 9, 2020

Hi @Fahad Siddiqui  sorry for a delay.

When I change 

Who can access the portal and send requests to xxxx project?

Customers my team adds to the project

The widget is no longer accessible (which is not ok). 

Seems like JSD doesn't have the agility to respond to this kind of approach. 

Even though we may sync our user db with Jira through API and populate 'customers' role, it doesn't seem to solve the issue. 

I just can't find the right configuration. Now I'm completely run out of ideas. Any help would be greatly appreciated. 

Fahad Siddiqui
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 9, 2020

@Valerii.Ivanov can you add any customer manually and check if he/she can access the system.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events