Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Limit Error when adding people to Service Desk Customers

Currently when I go to Projects > Support > Project Settings > People and click Add people I get an error telling me that the person couldn't be added because I've reached the maximum number of users for my plan and that I should upgrade.  The problem is that I've attempted to add the email address (person) as a Service Desk Customer.  This gets done automatically when a customer sends a support request and including the Service Desk Customers there are already more than 10 in the current "People", so that's telling me that Service Desk Customers doesn't count against the limit when it adds them through email, but it does count against the limit here.

1 answer

0 votes
Dirk Ronsmans Community Leader Mar 22, 2021

Hi @T ,

What you assume is indeed correct. A Customer will not count towards your license and you can have as many of those as you want.

A user (JSW or JSD/JSM) will be defined when they are added with application access.

The easiest way to add a customer would be to go to your main screen and just click Customers instead of Project settings.

If you go through people you can give them other roles but those might have impact on your license count. (depending on how you set it up).

If you have a screenshot of what you are adding, that might clear some things up too.

But like I said, just go to the main screen -> customers and add them there!

image.png

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Jira Service Management

Security Advisory for Jira Service Management

On October 20, 2021, Atlassian published a security advisory for Jira Service Management. The full advisory is available at this link.  We've seen a number of questions already asking for...

195 views 1 2
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you