Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Licensing issues with fresh install

Ramakrishna Grandhi December 6, 2021

Hi, i've setup jira datacenter on azure with help of instructions given at : https://confluence.atlassian.com/adminjiraserver/getting-started-with-jira-data-center-on-azure-938846970.html

But my URL is throwing below error

temp.PNG

I want to bring up this instance to validate my app for jira datacenter. Can someone please help?

3 answers

1 accepted

5 votes
Answer accepted
Ramakrishna Grandhi December 7, 2021

We can close this issue, i've used another template that has installed jira dc correctly on azure.

https://azuremarketplace.microsoft.com/en-us/marketplace/apps/atlassian.jira-data-center?tab=Overview   --> this is a working template.

4 votes
Dirk Ronsmans
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 6, 2021

Hey @Ramakrishna Grandhi , 

I assume you entered an existing license on your DC instance which you are no longer paying maintenance on?

If so, that's normal. You are only entitled to the versions released during the time you payed maintenance. If it is still active you can go to my.atlassian.com and get the proper key.

If this however is just for validating an app I'd recommend just starting a new trial license.

Hi Dirk, that is not the case. This is a fresh install on azure, and this template didnt even ask for license in any step. All i wanted is a trial license for few hours to validate my app's working performance on jira dc.

Dirk Ronsmans
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 6, 2021

Oh right, it has been deployed using the template from the azure marketplace. I wonder if and old license was left in there accidentally.

Now as the message mentions you do have a link there to enter a new license.

You should be able to go to my.atlassian.com and just generate a new trial license key there, then just copy/paste that over to the box that will appear when you click the "enter a new license here" link in your error message

(there might even be a redirect on that page, could you click it first?)

Thank you. I've tried with timebomb license and now its completely gone.

temp.PNG

after restarting the environment on azure, it is back to step 1, asking for license again. 🤦‍♂️

This time none of the buttons work on this screen.

temp.PNG

1 vote

@Olga Rudenko 

Tagging Olga, as she is looking into our app's certification process on jira datacenter.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events