Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

License for 25 agents wanted

Christof Hurst May 24, 2022

Hi, 

our company is rising and we need a license for 25 agents.

As we can't upgrade anymore we try to buy here an unneeded license for at least until early of 2023. 

Has anyone switched to cloud and has a license in spare to transfer to us?

BR Christof

1 answer

0 votes
Joseph Chung Yin
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 24, 2022

@Christof Hurst -

As far I know that licenses cannot be transferred from one entity to another entity, it is because the licenses are associated with one's domain application URLs. (i.e. https://xxxxx.atlassian.net) in the Cloud.  The same thing will also be applicable to the Server (DC) env too.

You have to contact Atlassian Support to workout your needs directly.

Hope this helps.

Best, Joseph Chung Yin

Jira/JSM Functional Lead, Global Infrastructure Applications Team

Christof Hurst May 24, 2022

We need the licenses urgently but Atlassian is no help with this. 

We are also not talking about the cloud ;-)

Joseph Chung Yin
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 24, 2022

@Christof Hurst -

As I mentioned in my original suggestion that the same thing is also applied against the Server (DC) env too. 

"As far I know that licenses cannot be transferred from one entity to another entity, it is because the licenses are associated with one's domain application URLs. (i.e. https://xxxxx.atlassian.net) in the Cloud.  The same thing will also be applicable to the Server (DC) env too."

There is no licenses transfer that I know of.

Sorry.

Best, Joseph

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 24, 2022

If you need a second opinion on this one, then I'll chime @Joseph Chung Yin is exactly right.  You have not been able to change user numbers since February this year, as Atlassian announced a few years back, and it is illegal for you to use someone else's licences.

The only way to increase your user numbers is to migrate to a Jira system that won't be going away in 18 months.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
SERVER
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events