• Give kudos
  • Received
  • Given

Leaderboard

• Global

Trophy case

Kudos (beta program)

Kudos logo

You've been invited into the Kudos (beta program) private group. Chat with others in the program, or give feedback to Atlassian.

View group

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Let's say I buy JIRA Software, can I just buy additional Jira Service Desk Extension?

Let's say I buy JIRA Software, can I just buy additional Jira Service Desk Extension to have customizable requst templates (for hardware requestion as an example) or do I have to buy Jira Software +Jira Service Desk+ Jira Service Desk Extension?

I want to understand what I need to buy to have Jira Software + have the functionality to crate and fill in requests?

1 answer

Hi @Susi_Alex 

If you buy Jira Software for say 15 users and want Jira Service Desk for 5 users then it is a separate licence for Jira Service desk. 

Note 1: Jira Service Desk is primarily used for internal and external (Customers) logging requests, that arrive in a queue and your agents work to resolve the problems. 

Note: 2: If you have Confluence and Jira Service Desk you can hook them up together and create an external customer portal with knowledge base 

Note 3: Jira Software is the tool to create projects, kanban boards, and tickets for internal use. 

Your billing will reflect each of the Jira Products + plugins you have purchased and the number of users. 

See example below: 

Jira Licences.png

-Mike

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Jira Service Management

Announcing Jira Service Management!

Hello there Cloud Community members! Today, we’re thrilled to announce Jira Service Management, the next generation of Jira Service Desk. Jira Service Management touts advancements in IT service ...

2,190 views 28 39
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you