Language settings.

División Informática May 17, 2021

Hi !

Despite having our language settings in Spanish for JIRA Service Desk, some of the predefined filters and some of the fields remain in English (only a few of them, the rest are in Spanish). Is there anything we should check besides the language settings? Thanks in advance!

1 answer

0 votes
Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 18, 2021

Hello @División Informática,

Welcome to Atlassian Community!

Just for a better understanding of the issue that you are facing, I would like to know more details about where it’s not showing the correct translation.

Since you mentioned Jira Service Desk, can you please let us know if the issue is happening on the customer portal or widget or if it’s happening on Jira (agent/admin view)?

If possible, share with us a screenshot of where it’s showing in English (just make sure to hide private information). 

Kind regards,
Angélica

División Informática May 19, 2021

Hi Angélica!

Thank you for the answer, i attached an example for understanding, this happens on Jira agent/admin view.

Regards!Captura.JPG

Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 20, 2021

Thank you for the screenshot, @División Informática.

I tested on my local site and I was able to replicate the same issue.

Also, I created a new project while my profile was in Spanish, and then the Queues are translated, but they won’t be translated back to English if the profile is changed to English again.

With this said, the Queues will follow the language of the user who created the project and it won’t change. So, if a user creates a project while their profile is in French, for example, if you access the same project and your profile is in Spanish, you will see the Queues and also SLAs in French.

Based on that, I created a bug for our developer team to check:

Please, click on “This affects my team” and also watch the ticket above to receive updates.

For now, if all your team members work using the same language, you can manually edit the Queues and add the correct translation.

División Informática May 21, 2021

Hi Angelica,

Thank you for your response. I'll certainly click on the option "This affects my team" and follow the ticket in order to receive updates on the issue.

As for the manual editing, would any admin user be able to do it and then everyone else would see the translation? Is there a specific place where that translation should be added or should I just click on the name and edit it?

Thanks in advance for your feedback and help.
Best,

Charlie

Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
May 24, 2021

Hi Charlie,

Only Jira administrators can rename/edit the queues’ names.

Currently, there is no option to translate the queues, so it’s necessary to edit each queue and add the new name in Spanish, and yes when a queue is edited it will show for all users.

Kind regards,
Angélica

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events