Kunde mit Emailadresse hinzufügen

Irmella Nokic June 4, 2021

Hallo!

Wir möchten unseren Kunden zum Jira Service Management hinzufügen, aber leider funktioniert das nicht. Er erhält keine Einladung.

Woran kann das liegen?

Danke und LG
Irmella

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 7, 2021

Hello @Irmella Nokic,

Thank you for reaching out to Atlassian Community!

When a customer is added to a project, they will receive an invitation. If they still don’t have an account, the notification will include the details for them to finish the account creation. 

Can you please check if the notification is enabled? Please, go to Project settings > Customer notifications (company-managed project) or Project settings > Notifications > Customer notifications (team-managed project) and confirm if “Customer invited” is enabled.

Screen Shot 2021-06-07 at 14.22.27.png

If it’s enabled but the customer still is not receiving the notification, can you please let us know if it’s happening with all new customers or specific ones (from specific domains, for example)?

I can see that customers can create their own accounts on your site, can you please ask the customer to access the portal and use the sign-up option? 

3.png

They should receive the following notification using the option above:

4.png

Please, give it a try and let us know how it goes.

Kind regards,
Angélica

Irmella Nokic June 9, 2021

Hello Angélica,

thank you for your answer!

We have adjusted the settings, but unfortunately the customer does not receive an invitation. He checked the spam folder;)

Does the customer also have to have an Atlassian account?

Thanks!

Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 9, 2021

Thank you for testing, @Irmella Nokic.

Customers don’t need to have an Atlassian account to use the portal.

I checked the logs of your site, and customers’ notifications show as delivered.

Does the customer have the same email domain as you? 

Using our internal tools to see if there were blocks or bounces, I found two email addresses affected by the following error:

550: 550 5.1.1 ...@... Recipient address rejected: {hash} address: Recipient address lookup failed

I removed the bounces and if some of them were the affected ones, then it should work now.

If it doesn’t, please, ask the customer to go to the portal and reset the password.

On the portal, they need to add the email address and click on “Next” and then, “Forgot your password?”.

Screen Shot 2021-06-09 at 14.58.50.png

Irmella Nokic June 23, 2021

Hello Angélica,

the customer has a different domain than us. Could that be the problem?

Thanks!

Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
June 24, 2021

Hi @Irmella Nokic,

Customers’ accounts can be from any domain, there are no blocks in regards to that. 

I can check if there are any bounces related to the domain, but since community is public is up to you to share the domain here.

If the customer is still unable to access the portal, a site administrator can create a password for them, I believe that it’s the best option for now and then. Once the customer accesses the portal and creates tickets, if they don’t receive notification about the ticket creation and comment, then it might be related to a bounce on their email account. 

Please, ask your site administrator to go to Cog icon > User management > Jira Service Management. On this page, they can create a password and then inform the customer of this temporary password. 

Screen Shot 2021-06-24 at 11.47.43.png

Once they access the portal, they can change the password on their profile.

Screen Shot 2021-06-24 at 11.50.56.png

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events