Knowledge base article suggestions while reporting issue

Melle van Keulen June 29, 2021

While creating an issue, it's possible to check relevant knwoledge base articles from within the issue. I know other ITSM tools offer a function where relevant articles are immediately showed while registering an incident. Is this also possible within Jira SM?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 7, 2021

@Melle van Keulen 

Jira service management when coupled with Confluence provides that functionality.  Here are the instructions on how to set it up https://support.atlassian.com/jira-service-management-cloud/docs/set-up-a-knowledge-base-so-customers-can-serve-themselves/

Melle van Keulen July 8, 2021

Hi Brant,

Thanks you for your answer. I have seen the possibility for the customer, that while (s)he reports an issue, it suggests relevant articles. 

My UC would be: Exactly that functionality you are refering to, but instead of customer, is it possible that an agent gets suggestions to use a relevant articles while creating the issue? In this way the agent would be enabled to solve the issue in question faster / more efficiently. 

Looking forward to your reply!

Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 8, 2021

@Melle van Keulen  Agents raise a request the same way a customer does through the portal but on behalf of someone.  So they would see the articles as well.  Agents also see articles on the issue after it is created in the agent screen that they can then embed in their response.

Like Ben Gallant likes this
Melle van Keulen July 11, 2021

@Brant Schroeder Thank you for the answer. If an agent reports it through the portal, it will indeed show articles. If I'm correct, these do not show when they create one from within the project environment of Jira SM, would it be possible to leverage this function from within the project environment as well? 

Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
July 11, 2021

It does not exist when you create one via the backend using the create button.  This is why you should use the portal.  The portal also has other benefits like requiring specific fields, etc.

Like Melle van Keulen likes this
Melle van Keulen July 12, 2021

Thanks for sharing your perspective on how to create issues. This will definitely help!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events