Knowledge base article linked to cateogry but not showing up in portal

Federico Scala May 18, 2021

Hi everyone,

I'm stuck with showing articles in categories on Service Management portal.

I have some articles created and published, I created a new category, I added two articles to the category and here comes the weird thing:

1. under the knowledge base menu, I can see the list of articles and those two have the category associated

2. if I access the category section, the category is declared as empty and the articles are not showing up in the portal

What's wrong with this? I already setup the knowledge base visibility to restricted in order to make it visible to portal users.

I'm on the free plan, is there any limitation to categories?

EDIT: an article finally appeared after several minutes, the latter is still not appearing. Is there any known issue on delays after doing this kind of action?

Thank you!

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Stephen Sifers
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 19, 2021

Hello Federico and welcome to the Community!

Glad an article showed up within your testing. There should be no issues or delays between linking knowledge.

For your category issues being left blank, I would be interested to see if the knowledge articles are still linked to a category.

Could you please re-check that there is knowledge linked to your categories?

To categorize a knowledge base article:

1. From your service project, go to Knowledge base.

2. Click + New category in the sidebar.

3. Enter a name for the category.

4. Enter a description for the category.

5. Click Create.

6. Click Add article.

7. Click + next to each article you want to add to the category.

8. Click Back to category. The articles you have added to the category are displayed in the category.

Categorize knowledge base articles 

Let us know the results, please.

Regards,
Stephen Sifers

Federico Scala May 20, 2021

Hi Stephen,

thank you for your quick reply.

Today I did again the steps that you mentioned and everything worked fine this time. It's still a mystery why they didn't immediately showed up inside the Knowledge base --> Categories --> "New Category" but indeed the article was linked to the category in Knowledge Base --> All articles.

Maybe a temporary issue, I will monitor if it will ever happen again.

For the moment, thank you for your assistance!

Best regards,
Federico

Like Stephen Sifers likes this

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events