Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Just upgraded to 8.20.1 and no longer able to access via LDAP

Fiona Newbold November 4, 2021

Have just upgraded from 8.2 to 8.20.1 and everything seemed to be ok however we received notification that there was an issue with LDAP and a Font

Under support and troubleshooting

External User Management->LDAP Authentication the following is displayed

The credentials provided were rejected by the LDAP server Active Directory.

When trying to test I receive the following message

Test basic connection : Failed

fqdn:636; nested exception is javax.naming.CommunicationException: fqdn:636 [Root exception is javax.net.ssl.SSLHandshakeException: PKIX path building failed: sun.security.provider.certpath.SunCertPathBuilderException: unable to find valid certification path to requested target]
I am also getting the following message in support and troubleshooting
Supported Platform -> Fonts
Exception during health check invocation java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: Could not initialize class sun.awt.X11FontManager
Troubleshooting.PNG

3 answers

0 votes
samar_mahran April 13, 2022

Hi @Fiona Newbold 

did you found a solution for that ? as I am having the same issue 

0 votes
Jonas Ekström
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 8, 2021

Hi Fiona,

For the Active Directory part, are you using a load balancer in front of your Active Directory?
When upgrading past 8.19.0 I get the same error if I try to connect through load balancer, but it works if I go straight to one of our domain controllers.

Fiona Newbold November 10, 2021

Hi,

Upgrading the version of Java seemed to fix all the issues

0 votes
Albert Manuel
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 4, 2021

For the fonts - i know that was something changed in  a version from 8 - so check the release notes from 82 to 820 and you will find it.

Thanks will take a look, unfortunately we had none of these issues when we upgraded our test system always the way.

After adding in a cert that we thought might be the issue and rebooting we now had a exception under 

File system -> Lucane index files location

Exception during health check invocation java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: Could not initialize class sun.nio.fs.LinuxNativeDispatcher

Have just raised a ticket with support 

Istok Lenarčič January 24, 2022

Did you solve the sun.nio.fs.LinuxNativeDispatcher exception issue with support?

Like Sylvain Leduc likes this
Werner
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 13, 2022

Hi! Any news on that? We face the same issue.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
SERVER
VERSION
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events