Jira workflow

Maggie February 5, 2021

I have a workflow where at one point we are deciding whether the ticket can be declined or approved. After 3 approvals the ticket will move to the approved status, one rejection and ticket will move to the declined status. Is there a way to add a condition so that 2 people have to decline a ticket before the ticket is moving to the declined status? Or would I have to add an extra (let's say pre-declined) status? I hope this makes sense. 

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Iago Docando
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 5, 2021

It makes total sense. 

In Jira "approval" is just a way to say someone has executed a transition we've define as "approval". A transition is either executed or not, you can't have a "counter" of the number of people that have clicked on the transition button and have it execute whenever it reaches the target value.

The way I would do it is like you've said, using a "cascade" of approvals, but it should be executed in order. With statuses like "wating approval from xXX" and the transition being executable just by the appropriate person. In this way you are certain that the right users have transitioned the issue.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events