Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Jira to Confluence

Kingsley July 12, 2021

Hi, I'm pretty new to Jira/Confluence.

Among many other ticket types, we use jira to track software requests and approvals. Right now, I am trying to create a confluence page which shows a summary of all approved software requests in Jira (only closed tickets in that category). I have tried implementing this using "jira issue/filter" but since we've set permissions such that only team members with access to our ticketing + the ticket owner alone can view tickets, the filter results in confluence do not display any information for all other employees.

Is there any other way to display only certain information from jira tickets on confluence to everyone without having to change the restrictive permissions on who can view tickets in Jira? Has anyone implemented something similar?

Thanks.

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Dave Bosman _Realdolmen_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 12, 2021

Hi @Kingsley 

It is not possible and that is a good thing. 

If you have permissions/security set in Jira, you should not be able to show it in Confluence. If it was possible, the security settings in Jira are worth nothing. 

Regards

Dave

Kingsley July 12, 2021

Many thanks for your response @Dave Bosman _Realdolmen_. I totally understand your perspective and agree. I was hoping I could find a way just to automatically populate our approved software list directly from tickets. Even maybe with a Jira API. Once again, thanks for responding.

Best

Kingsley

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events