Jira slow queries

Rajesh August 29, 2018

Our jira service desk portal too slow and check the slow queries log file. Some queries taking nearly 8=10 sec. How can improve the performance?

Here is example:

/rest/servicedesk/1/servicedesk/CS/issuelist/updated [c.a.j.i.search.providers.LuceneSearchProvider_SLOW] JQL query '{project = "CS"} AND {project = "CS"} AND {status in ("In Progress", "Resolved", "Waiting for support", "Waiting for customer", "Pending", "Escalated")} AND {resolution = "Unresolved"} order by cf[10203] ASC' produced lucene query '+projid:10001 +projid:10001 +(status:3 status:5 status:10001 status:10002 status:10003 status:10005) +resolution:-1' and took '9520' ms to run.

1 answer

1 vote
Keri
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 11, 2018

Hi Rajesh, 

I notice that this query searches on project twice - so looks like one of these can be removed:

{project = "CS"} AND {status in ("In Progress", "Resolved", "Waiting for support", "Waiting for customer", "Pending", "Escalated")} AND {resolution = "Unresolved"} order by cf[10203] ASC

Apart from this, try checking out the following to see how the access of your database compares: Testing database access speed

This should show if there are any issues with the performance in this area. 

Cheers, 

Keri

Sibi_K September 25, 2020

Hi @Keri ,

I am also facing the same problem in our instance, Below is the error logged in jira slow queries,

http-nio-8080-exec-50 WARN jwermeille 898x453694x71 bjsz0k /rest/servicedesk/1/servicedesk/SPT/issuelist [c.a.j.i.search.providers.LuceneSearchProvider_SLOW] LuceneQueryExecutionEvent{query=

{project = "SPT"}

AND {project = "SPT"} AND {issuetype in ("Solva Flex", "Support")} AND {status in ("Open", "Qualified")} AND {assignee in (EMPTY)} AND ( {Area not in ("China")} OR {Area is EMPTY} ) AND {Theme - in ("CRM - Customer Relationship Management", "HRM - Human Resources", "PC - Environment", "REP - Reporting", "FIN - Finance", "DB - Oracle", "DIV - Others", EMPTY)} order by Processing start delay ASC, numberOfClausesPerField={projid=2, customfield_16402=21, visiblefieldids=3, type=2, issue_assignee=1, nonemptyfieldids=3, status=2, customfield_15601=1}, numberOfClausesInQuery=35, executionTime=5779, numberOfResults=5, collectorType='TopDocs'}

Similar to the above problem, I checked with the user and the query is not under his name or he may be executed only once. please  suggest as it will cause the entire JIRA to slow down ?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events