Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Jira gives me an error since I tried to upload a backup

Brayn Hammad March 1, 2021

I tried uploading a backup on a free account, but this failed due to the number of members, I think at least. However ever since I'm getting the message underneath. Ever since I can't do anything anymore with my account.

""Problems with your import

Here's a summary of the import process

An error occurred during the import process.

Import again with a different backup file or get in touch with our support team. Include the steps you followed, along with any unique characteristics of your Jira setup.

• Jira is locked for import but no import could be found. This is likely to be a temporary issue and should clear up within one minute. If you continue to see this error, please contact support.

""

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 1, 2021

Hello Bryan,

Welcome to Atlassian Community!

Checking the logs of your site, I can see that the error is related to the number of users being imported. 

Caused by: cloud.atlassian.logmon.laas.api.PrivacySafeException: Privacy-safe boxing of a com.atlassian.idp.client.exceptions.LicenceExceededException
at com.atlassian.idp.client.IdentityPlatformClientImpl.mapStatusCodeException(IdentityPlatformClientImpl.java:530)
at com.atlassian.idp.client.IdentityPlatformClientImpl.mapInputStream(IdentityPlatformClientImpl.java:462)
at com.atlassian.idp.client.IdentityPlatformClientImpl.makeRequestWithEntityBody(IdentityPlatformClientImpl.java:436)
at com.atlassian.idp.client.IdentityPlatformClientImpl.importUser(IdentityPlatformClientImpl.java:270)
at com.atlassian.idp.client.PermsAwareIdentityPlatformClientImpl.importUser(PermsAwareIdentityPlatformClientImpl.java:94)
at com.atlassian.crowd.directory.DelegatingLoggingIdentityPlatformClient.lambda$importUser$2(DelegatingLoggingIdentityPlatformClient.java:82)
at com.atlassian.crowd.directory.DelegatingLoggingIdentityPlatformClient.wrapWithLogging(DelegatingLoggingIdentityPlatformClient.java:402)
at com.atlassian.crowd.directory.DelegatingLoggingIdentityPlatformClient.importUser(DelegatingLoggingIdentityPlatformClient.java:80)
at com.atlassian.jira.bc.dataimport.identity.DefaultIdpSafeOperations.lambda$importUserReturningExisting$11(DefaultIdpSafeOperations.java:245)
at com.atlassian.jira.util.retry.Retryer$Retriable.call(Retryer.java:94)
at com.atlassian.jira.bc.dataimport.identity.DefaultIdpSafeOperations.withRetry(DefaultIdpSafeOperations.java:318)
... 31 more

On a Free site, the number of available licenses is limited to three for Service Management and 10 for Software, so to make sure that the import will work as expected, it’s important to let only your account and the sysadmin account as active. 

You can edit the entities.xml file instead of creating a new backup.

On the entities.xml file, users will show as the example below:

<User id="12345" directoryId="1" userName="user" lowerUserName="user" active="1" createdDate="2018-12-13 19:41:47.381" updatedDate="2018-12-14 19:41:45.769" firstName="User" lowerFirstName="user" lastName="User" lowerLastName="user" displayName="User" lowerDisplayName="user" emailAddress="user@domain.com" lowerEmailAddress="user@domain.com" credential="nopass" deletedExternally="0" externalId="123456:a78901b2-c34d-56e7-f8g9-0h1i2j345k67" localServiceDeskUser="0"/>

You can change from “1” to "0" on "active", so their account will be imported, but as inactive.

After changing the information, save the file and zip it again to import to Cloud.

Please, take your time to test and let us know how it goes.

Kind regards,
Angélica

Brayn Hammad March 1, 2021

Thank you @Angélica Luz for your reply. Unfortunately I have very basic knowledge of computers and don't know how to edit these files. Is there another way to just reset the account?

Brayn Hammad March 2, 2021

I tried to do what was told, this was the result 

• Error importing data: cloud.atlassian.logmon.laas.api.PrivacySafeException: Privacy-safe boxing of a com.atlassian.jira.bc.dataimport.identity.UsersImportService$WrappingCrowdException

Is there any other way to fix this issue?

Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 2, 2021

Hi @Brayn Hammad,

Thank you for testing. 

I checked the logs from the last 4 hours and the error is still the same regarding the number of licensed users.

There are other things that may cause issues while importing users, you can find the details on the documentation below:

There is a way to prevent this issue from happening on the import, but you will need to manually add the users after the import.

Using the same example from my last response, instead of just changing the active = 1 to active = 0, you need to remove the entire information about the users and let only your account and the sysadmin. 

You need to unzip the jira-export.zip and open the entities.xml file. I recommend you to use the text editor Sublime to edit the file (https://www.sublimetext.com/3). So, after installing this editor, open the entities.xml with it.

After opening the file, use the shortcut CTRL + F or command + F and search for <User id= that it’s the easiest way to find the users.

Here is how the file looks like:

Screen Shot 2021-03-02 at 10.16.03.png

With this said, you must remove the users by deleting from < to />.

<User id="12345" directoryId="1" userName="user" lowerUserName="user" active="1" createdDate="2018-12-13 19:41:47.381" updatedDate="2018-12-14 19:41:45.769" firstName="User" lowerFirstName="user" lastName="User" lowerLastName="user" displayName="User" lowerDisplayName="user" emailAddress="user@domain.com" lowerEmailAddress="user@domain.com" credential="nopass" deletedExternally="0" externalId="123456:a78901b2-c34d-56e7-f8g9-0h1i2j345k67" localServiceDeskUser="0"/>

Please, make sure that the only accounts listed after that are yours and the sysadmin.

Then, save and close the file. Go back to the folder where the files are listed, select all of them (activeobjects.xml, data, entities.xml) and zip it again to import to your site.

Screen Shot 2021-03-02 at 10.19.15.png

Like Brayn Hammad likes this
Brayn Hammad March 2, 2021

Hi @Angélica Luz thank you for this clear description. This helped me and the backup worked as well. Again thank you for this answer!

Like Angélica Luz likes this
Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
March 2, 2021

Awesome! I'm happy that I could help laugh

If there is anything else we can do to help, please let us know.

1 vote
Danyal Iqbal
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 1, 2021

+1 for support ticket.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events