Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Jira cloud for sheets - Custom Fields: Zendesk Ticket Number

Michelle Timchuk November 4, 2021

Hi there, 

I utilize your Google Marketplace app: "Jira cloud for sheets". 

I absolutely love the software, but in an effort to automate some of our workflows we are attempting to pull in the Zendesk ticket number, which I believe is a custom field and we have not been successful so far. 

I am wondering if someone from your team can help validate if it would be possible to do this, and if possible, perhaps I could get a bit of guidance to bring this full circle for my team. It would be a massive achievement in our workflow to be able to do this. 

I have attempted importing every field you allow for in the add on, but its does not populate that field. I'm thinking maybe with some help we can pull this information in. I have not had much better luck utilizing the documentation for the app, but it gave me some new insights on another way to pull data in. 

I have been looking more into the =JIRA function from within a cell, and it appears to give you more advances abilities to pull in specific fields and I am wondering if someone could help me look into that. 

I've attached a screenshot below of the fields we are looking to populate into sheets. Perhaps you can help us understand the naming convention for this custom field and I can try again. Or maybe you have another solution in mind to help us extra these fields.

Thanks in advance for your attention on this ! 

Screen Shot 2021-11-04 at 2.38.19 PM.pngScreen Shot 2021-11-04 at 2.39.53 PM.png

1 answer

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 4, 2021

Hi Michelle,

To be clear I am just a customer like yourself and do not work for Atlassian.

In looking at your screenshots I note that you are using the Zendesk support addon application. As such, you might find you get a quicker answer by going directly to their support on this matter first. I am unsure how that data gets populated. If it were a simple Jira field then it would be easily Exportable.

here is a link to their support - support@zendesk.com 

Michelle Timchuk November 8, 2021

Thank you!!

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events