Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Sign up Log in

Next challenges

Recent achievements

  • Global
  • Personal

Recognition

  • Give kudos
  • Received
  • Given

Leaderboard

  • Global

Trophy case

Kudos (beta program)

Kudos logo

You've been invited into the Kudos (beta program) private group. Chat with others in the program, or give feedback to Atlassian.

View group

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Jira Workflow Screen under Screens

What are the workflow screens that Jira keeps auto generating. They are starting to clutter up my Screens area. Is this normal? Can someone explain this?image.png

1 answer

0 votes

Jira has a bit of a confused approach to settings.  One the one hand, we've got every admin on the planet yelling "keep it simple, share config, keep your processes consistent or you will make a mess" and then a load of process people yelling "let everyone do whatever they like and run their projects however they like"

So there's a bit of a conflict.  Admins want people to use "shared configuration" as much as possible, but Atlassian have gone with "create your own projects" and that means using separate configurations for every new project.

You will want to strike the right balance for your organisation and train your admins to do the right thing.  As an example, one organisation I worked for a while ago had thousands of schemes and was in a right mess.  It took a while, but we got it down to "90% of projects should be created with one of 5 (shared) configurations, and the other 10% are all going to need their own setup independent of the others".  That was right for them, you might have different needs.

Suggest an answer

Log in or Sign up to answer
DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Jira Service Management

Why upgrade to Jira Service Management Premium?

We often have questions from folks using Jira Service Management about the benefits to using Premium. Check out this video to learn how you can unlock even more value in our Premium plan.  &nb...

148 views 0 4
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you