Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Jira Servicedesk Upgrade in Azure

Jobin Jose January 24, 2021

How do I upgarde Jira Servicedesk to a specific version using Zero Downtime approach. The method described here says it will pickup the latest available version but how do I do upgarde to a specific version using this method.
https://confluence.atlassian.com/enterprise/administering-jira-software-data-center-on-azure-969535567.html

I have my cluster deployed in Azure using the ARM template.It picksup Servicedesk 4.5.9 whereas I see the latest version is 4.14.x I tried to follow the method described here but again it is installing the same version.
I tried to manually edit the servicedsk.version in the Shared home to 4.14.1 but that didn't work. Can someone please help me to get thsi fixed?

1 answer

0 votes
Bartosz Ornatowski
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 4, 2021

Hi @Jobin Jose,

Thanks so much for your question.

I am not sure if I understand exactly which steps of the ZDU you have done, and which did not work for you.

I am assuming something went wrong between steps 3 and 4?

Can you confirm that you have successfully:

1. Put the instance in the upgrade
  2. Scaled your DC to 1 node only
  3. Removed the all JIRA-version files from the shared home
  4. Scaled your DC to 2+ nodes

At this point, Azure should populate the version file with the latest, and the cluster should be running in a mixed mode.

Would be good if you shared some screenshots of the steps you take if it fails for you.

Thank you,

Bart

Jira Service Management

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events