Jira Service management project backup

Mohamed Saad Taha June 29, 2022

Dears,

Can you please support me with the correct procedure for Jira service management project backup ?

and what will be backed up ( Issues- workflows ....etc )?

1 answer

1 vote
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 29, 2022

For a small server, the regular xml backups are probably all you need, and you can go to Admin -> backups to create one whenever you want.

For larger servers, you should be using the database backup tools to take a copy of the database.

In both cases, you should also be backing up the content of <Jira home>/attachments, but the XML or Database will contain everything else (issues, project config, workflows, history, audit logs, users, global config and the rest)

Note that I've talked about backing up the data of the whole service there, not a project.  There is no project backup or export built into Jira.

What are you intending to do with this project backup?  I can't suggest options without knowing what the intention is.

Mohamed Saad Taha July 3, 2022

HI Nic Brough _Adaptavist,

under any project you can go to project setting >> Versions then you can take version of the project so I think this can be considered as project backup.

what will be the content of this project versions ?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 3, 2022

I'm sorry, but that's complete nonsense.  The versions in a project are a set of options you use on issues to indicate what version of a system the issue occurred in and which is (going to be) fixed.

A version doesn't contain all your issue data and configuration, like a backup would.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events