Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Jira Service management - client side experience?

Steve Rotherham December 23, 2021

We are considering a move to Jira Service Management as just one of many possible options of similar tools.

In researching options I have had some limited but less than positive feedback in terms of client side experiences (ticket search, sorting, tracking issues that turned into problems), however I don't know if the experience is based on older product versions which have been improved or resolved in newer releases.

I'd be very interested to know how the latest version of Jira Service Management performs from a client-side perspective? Or for that matter any more general feedback about pros and cons of the product.

2 answers

2 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Laura Holton _ACE Rotterdam_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 23, 2021

Hi @Steve Rotherham ðŸ‘‹

Welcome to the Community! I'd be more than happy to walk you through some of our customer experiences with JSM if you like?

In the meantime, depending on what you'd like to know I'd recommend booking in for a demo, Atlassian has an on demand one here: https://www.atlassian.com/software/jira/service-management/resources/jsm-demo

I hope this helps but if you have any other questions just ask away 😃

All the best,

Laura

Steve Rotherham December 24, 2021

Laura, thanks for responding. I have already watched some demos and will investigate further. 

Like • Laura Holton _ACE Rotterdam_ likes this
1 vote
Answer accepted
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 23, 2021

Hi @Steve Rotherham , welcome to the community.

I guess it depends upon your exact requirements for client side capabilities. Let me attempt to provide some input and point you to some documentation as well. In my opinion the portal could certainly be better but it is fully capable of meeting most of my needs. In fact reality is that many of The customers that use our GSM projects don’t even use the portal at all. With that said here are some of the capabilities from the portal:

• The client will be able to see all of the issues that they have opened regardless of whether that was via the portal, an email, or if an agent open down there behalf
  • The client will be able to see issues that they are participants in depending on how the project is configured
  • The client can search for issues they have created containing certain text
  • The client can make comments via email or the portal
  • The client can transition issues such as resolve them if so configured

you might find this documentation useful - what-are-the-portal-and-help-center 

let me know if you have any other specific questions that I might assist with in your evaluation.

Steve Rotherham December 24, 2021

Our users are internal to the organisation, so we would rather they use the portal to report problems so it can surface self-help documentation to deflect tickets and prompt for capture of specific details which are often missed when users email in incidents.

I would have thought portal functions are fairly standard across most ITSM tools, it will be how it is implemented that makes the difference. Infrequent users will benefit from a simple, well-designed user interface. 

I do plan to look at the links and demos etc. Having come across some comments about the Jira portal I was interested to know if they related to older versions or if improvements had already been made. So your 'could certainly be better' comment that is of most interest rather than what it can do :)

That probably also leads on to the effectiveness of client feedback processes and if common/popular improvement suggestions are considered and if appropriate delivered in reasonable timeframes. 

From experience sales material understandably sells the positives, determining the limitations up front can be much harder. 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events