cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Jira Service Management and Software Projects

Sierra
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 13, 2022

Is there a way to make Jira Service Management and Software Projects work together ? Not able to use roadmap feature for my project because I have two projects associated with my Kanban board. 

What's the best way to use Jira if you have all of your work come in from your service management project but then the software projects takes on that work? Is creating a separate issue necessary , keeping the service and software projects separate ?

2 comments

Kristin Lyons
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 13, 2022

I always recommend working on the issue right in the service management project instead of creating a separate issue unless there's a specific reason you need to create a separate issue (such as permissions to the project).  Which tier of Jira Cloud do you have?  If you have Premium you can use Advanced Roadmaps which should integrate between multiple projects.

Sierra
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 13, 2022

Our data integration team has incidents / service requests reported in our service management project. 

Separate from that they have their own software project.

Their Kanban board pulls issues they directly put in their software project and then from the service management project too , to capture all the reported incidents / service requests. 

We have standard plan , this is what I see when I try to use roadmaps for a kanban board that pulls from two different projects. 

Roadmap.PNG

Sierra
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 13, 2022

I see why , thanks for reply ! 

Advanced Roadmaps Guide | Jira Software | Atlassian 

Kristin Lyons
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 13, 2022

You're welcome!  I think upgrading would be the best solution but a few other options would be to seek a third party plugin that can do something similar to Advanced Roadmaps (which is really the best option in my opinion) or only using one project for issue tracking, although given your explanation I can see why it's a nice to have to have them separate.

Patrick Haley January 17, 2022

+1 for Kristin's answer. I try to keep most of the convo in one project. However, I have 3 JSM projects for providing support in different regions. Each project has a request type for "Suggest a feature". I created a simple Jira Software project and in the project settings, I created a new board and used the filters to display issues from all 3 projects with that request type. Now all feature suggestions are displayed on the same Kanban board.

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events