Jira Service Management Portal Customers Accessibility

tommy June 23, 2021

From what I can tell, Site Admin access is needed to view the   Portal Customers list

image.pngimage.png

Is that the only way to expose access to this list? We have Agents that would like to be able to validate accounts but we are hesitant to open up Site Admin rights just for that.

1 answer

0 votes
Mikael Sandberg
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 23, 2021

Your agents should be able to see the customer list from within the project if you go to Customer & Channels:

Screen Shot 2021-06-23 at 12.46.44 PM.png

You should see these options if you click Back to Project, by default when an agent goes to the project they will be taken to the queue they last viewed.

tommy June 23, 2021

Hey Mikael, 

Thanks for your response.

Unfortunately, I've found that that doesn't work in all cases. For example, if portal permissions are open to anyone with an account, and users can create their own portal accounts, the user might not be listed as a customer specifically for a project. 

Mikael Sandberg
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 23, 2021

Correct, the customer list is project specific, even if you have opened it up so anyone can register for an account. I have customers in one project that is no listed in the list. Also note that you control on the project level too if anyone can be added as a customer to the project or not. The global permission to allow anyone to sign up for an account does not automatically grant them access to all your JSM projects.

tommy June 23, 2021

Yeah, that's exactly the issue I'm trying to workaround. 

The "Portal Customers" view provides a holistic list of all external accounts created and so it would be ideal to see this list, or a list like it without needing site admin level access.

Mikael Sandberg
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 23, 2021

One way you could do that and not give everyone site admin would be to extract the information via the REST API and present it somehow to the agents like importing it into Insight (if you are on the premium plan).

There are a couple of customer apps in the marketplace, but I'm not sure if they can access the customer list across multiple JSM projects. 

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events