Jira Service Management: Attachment download without Portal Access

a.bardini June 14, 2021

Hi Guys,

When I attach an excel file into a ticket, the customer receive an email with a link that he can click in order to download the attached file:
Jira exel.PNG

I need to "revoke" Portal access to some of our clients, then if the customer haven't access to the portal is unable to download the excel file.

There is a way that permitt to downlod attached excel files to customers without portal access?

Thanks in advance

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Joshua Sneed Contegix
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 14, 2021

Hi a_bardini,

No, it is not possible to grant access to attachments in a Portal without granting access to the Portal. This is because users can't enter the Portal to reach the attachment. Cheers!

a.bardini June 14, 2021

@Joshua Sneed Contegixthere is a way to attach excel file directly into Email message instead of a link?

Joshua Sneed Contegix
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 14, 2021

Hi a_bardini,

Yes, a user downloads the attachment, attaches, and sends. Since I believe you intended to ask if the application could do it, yes. This is how the app notifies of attachments being added to the issue.

I'm also going to assume that you were actually intending to ask if the app could attach the file to an email and send it to a user that does not have Portal access, yes; but you are now entering into sufficient complexity to start questioning if the implementation/maintenance is worth it.

The short (aka my) answer is no, it is not worth it and you should re-evaluate your initial question or the driving force behind it. Cheers!

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events