Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Jira Service Management Approval Event

Christian Wiemer November 27, 2020

Hi Community,

I am looking for a way to fetch the event when a user is giving his/hers approval in Jira Service Management. I don't mean the transition which could be triggered from the approval, I mean the approval itself. 
To be more precise: A field with multiple Approvers (more than 5), I want to fetch the event, when 1 out of the 5 is giving his/hers approval.

Scriptrunner is in place, but I couldn't find any event in the Listeners section which helped me.

Thanks in advance!

2 answers

1 vote
Cronje van Heerden December 14, 2021

I've also revisited this requirement from my backlog today. I've tried the system webhook, Project Automation and Legacy Automation, and I haven't anything that will trigger when an approval is added.

There is obviously some automation in play here, as automatic responses are added in the customer portal.

Automatic response Today 4:04 PM
Cronje van Heerden approved this request. 1 approval needed.

The custom field "Approvals" (a.k.a as name: review) is where all the approval history is being added to, the automation rules just don't trigger when approvals are added.
We frequently have items that require multiple approvals which just get stuck awaiting an additional approval. My best plan at the moment is to have a scheduled JQL based webhook running with custom logic to unpick the pending approvals from the issue data .. messy.
0 votes
Richard Scholtes August 18, 2022

I'm still gnawing on this bone, too.

As the feature request regarding the automatic reminder seems to be taking some more time, I treid to put an automation in place. I surely could contact the approvers in some way, but it would contact those who already approved, too.

So now I try find a rule that will remove those who approved from the field approvers.

I will tell you how it went. Testing starts soon.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events