Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Jira Service Management Approval Event

Edited

Hi Community,

I am looking for a way to fetch the event when a user is giving his/hers approval in Jira Service Management. I don't mean the transition which could be triggered from the approval, I mean the approval itself. 
To be more precise: A field with multiple Approvers (more than 5), I want to fetch the event, when 1 out of the 5 is giving his/hers approval.

Scriptrunner is in place, but I couldn't find any event in the Listeners section which helped me.

Thanks in advance!

1 answer

I've also revisited this requirement from my backlog today. I've tried the system webhook, Project Automation and Legacy Automation, and I haven't anything that will trigger when an approval is added.

There is obviously some automation in play here, as automatic responses are added in the customer portal.

Automatic response Today 4:04 PM
Cronje van Heerden approved this request. 1 approval needed.

The custom field "Approvals" (a.k.a as name: review) is where all the approval history is being added to, the automation rules just don't trigger when approvals are added.
We frequently have items that require multiple approvals which just get stuck awaiting an additional approval. My best plan at the moment is to have a scheduled JQL based webhook running with custom logic to unpick the pending approvals from the issue data .. messy.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Jira Service Management

JSM Jira Automation: How to Send SLA Breached Notifications

Hi Everyone, In   this tutorial,  we will show you how you can monitor an SLA, and send notifications before or after the SLA has been breached.   SLA Threshold Trigger The SLA t...

722 views 5 13
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you