Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Jira Service Desk on a cloud: Adding phone number from AD to a Ticket with data from another source

aviel test August 5, 2020

Someone knows if has the option to add a user phone number from AD to a filed in a new ticket when a ticket is created with data from another source. (Automatic).

Example:

We get a log from an anti-virus agent about user A , but the phone number of user A existing in Active Directory.  

Does that have the option to create 1 ticket with data from two different sources ( anti-virus agent + AD)?

1 answer

0 votes
Petter Gonçalves
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 6, 2020

Hello @aviel test

Welcome to the Atlassian Community!

I'm not sure if I completely understood your request, but I believe you want to get a specific field (Phone number) in your AD from the user that created the issue, combining it with another field from another source and automatically adding it to the newly created ticket in your Jira. Is that correct?

Depending on the AD platform you are using, there are a few apps that would collect the user attribute in AD and add it to an user (as Azure AD Attributes for Jira), however, you might be able to do it by creating User properties in Jira:

Add data to user properties

Using the user property, you will be able to add any data from your AD directly to your Users in Jira, properly linking the user to any issues by adding him as the Reporter, Assignee or any other user picker-field.

About the other source (Anti-virus Agent), Can you please confirm to us what kind of data/field might be added to the issue?

I'm afraid you would need to develop am app to automatically collect data from a different source and integrate with Jira, properly adding that value to a custom field, or using a custom field with pre-determined options to be selected when creating the ticket.

If you are looking to develop an app, you can check the documentation below to get started:

Getting started - Atlassian Developer 

Let us know if you have any questions.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events