Jira Service Desk: how to make different custom fields mandatory for different customer request types

Abhrajit Sarkar April 28, 2015

Jira Service Desk:

I need to make different custom fields mandatory for different customer request types, for the screen when the issue is getting resolved. It means when I need to do the transition, I have to verify the customer request type, and for each type i have to check specific field values.

How can I make it? Please help.

Abhrajit

1 answer

0 votes
Paula Silveira
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 28, 2015

Hi Abhrajit,

You can create a new screen and associate it to the transition you need. Please check How to add a comment during a transition, on this KB you can see how to do the mentioned above, you just need to add the fields you want instead of comment. Once it's done, I believe you can follow How to make JIRA fields required in a workflow transition in order to make the fields required.

Thanks and regards,
Paula Silveira 

Abhrajit Sarkar April 28, 2015

Hi Paula, Thanks for your attention to this question. The problem what I am facing is a bit different. I have the same transition for all customer request types, i.e. say 'Resolve This Issue'. Hence I have to use a unique screen with all the fields (cuz the transition is the same). If customer request type is, say 'new Mouse needed', then i need 2 out of all fields to be mandatory. If customer request type is, say, 'new locker needed', then some other 3 fields should be mandatory, not the previous 2 fields. This is the requirement. I hope you got more clarity now. Thanks, Abhrajit

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events