Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Jira Service Desk build 4.14.0 installed successfully but failed to start

Toby Pittman November 26, 2020

Jira Core build 8.14.0  and Jira Service Desk build 4.14.0 installed successfully but failed to start, we were forced to role back to Jira Core 8.13.1 and Jira Service Desk 4.13.1

Is there a known issue with build 4.14.0?

Are others having the same issue?

1 answer

0 votes
Dirk Ronsmans
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 26, 2020

Hi @Toby Pittman ,

What exactly did the log say when you tried to start 4.14? Do you maybe still have the log on disk?

I'm sure there must be some clue why it cannot start :)

Don't think there is a widespread issue with that version or it would have spread more imo.

Toby Pittman November 27, 2020

I reinstalled Jira 8.14.0 and Service Mgmt 4.14.0 and was able to get the server to startup and I was able to login in but now when I try to update a ticket it just spins and the log screen nor any of the buttons within the ticket seem to work. We are using a IIS proxy to access Jira Service Mgmt and have never had any issues prior to this upgrade. This shouldn't be the issue as we can login to Jira Service Mgmt with no issues.

Maybe we should just wait till the next build is released. :)

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Dirk Ronsmans
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 27, 2020

Well the first thing I can suggest is that after you log on you put the system in safe mode /disable the plugins. 

if it works then you can re-enable them one by one to see which one is causing problems. 
if you have scriptrunner, that one is known to have some side effects :)

If in safe mode it still fails then you can always just log a call with atlassian. 

Toby Pittman December 5, 2020

Thank you for the response. We plan on reinstalling tomorrow and will give your recommendations a try if we run into any issues.

Thanks.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
SERVER
VERSION
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events