Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Jira Service Desk - adding customers

Shianna Andersack December 29, 2020

For some reason I'm getting an error for a particular customer I want to add to an organization in the Service Desk. They were a user before and somehow their access was revoked.

1 answer

0 votes
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 29, 2020

when you are trying to add them where and how are you doing so? What error do you receive? Did you check to ensure they are active now? Is the user a Customer (JSM portal only) or do they have an Atlassian ID account? Check under admin > user management and also under JSM in the same admin area. 

Shianna Andersack December 29, 2020

user - SD.pngThis is  atlassian.net/jira/servicedesk/projects/ESD/customers

I then checked the Global Permissions under https://admin.atlassian.com/

and found the user there which I deleted and still cannot add to /jira/servicedesk/projects/ESD/customers

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 30, 2020

what is the status of the user? active or inactive? if inactive please reactivate them. also verify the email address is accurate.

Shianna Andersack December 30, 2020

I checked under People in the SD Project settings and the user was not there. I attempted to re add and received an error.

I cannot add a "customer" under the SD setting either.

I do no have customers listed in the Global Permissions only SD agents and other JIRA users.

Shianna Andersack December 30, 2020

Can you tell me where else I might check? Thank you

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
December 30, 2020

Did you look under admin>user management and click on Jira Service Management in the sidebar? That is where all customers would be listed. 

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
December 30, 2020

At one point, not sure if it is still the case, if you deleted the user then you would have an issue re-adding them under same email address. 

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events