Jira Service Desk add all Comments to Approval E-Mail

Katharina Seidl June 12, 2019

Hello, 

I`m new to Jira and want to display all comments from an issue in an approval e-mail.

The workflow is for example:

- Employee creates issue because he needs new hardware

- IT-worker comments the issue and says makes sense or doesn't makes sense and set the issue to approval

- boss gets notification that there's an issue which needs approval, but without comment from the IT-worker

is there any way to solve this without any plugins? I can edit the notification but there is no variable for the comments in the issue.

Best regards

2 answers

0 votes
AJohnston May 10, 2022

This is a feature that doesn't get a lot of traction on the Suggestions forums. Go upvote https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JSDSERVER-5506! It's the only one of it's kind open for Service Management/Desk at the moment.

0 votes
Iago Docando
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 12, 2019

Without any aditional plugin... I would probably resolve to use a special dashboard for your boss where only the issues that he needs to aprove are displayed (I take that he has access to Jira).

In this scenario he would have this dashboard open in a separate tab and he could check it as he checks the email. If any issue pops up there he can simply click and enter the view issue screen, where he could procceed to aprove or reject the proposal.

This is not perfect but has a plus side, wich is traceability that the aproval was indeed given by your boss' user. The workflow could also have a condition where only that user is allowed to aprove or reject an issue.

I hope this can help you a bit.

Katharina Seidl June 12, 2019

My Goal is, that my boss doesnt have to open Jira. 

He doesnt have access for jira jet and I'm not sure if I want that.

If you know any plugin that only adds a few variables to the approval notifiaction i could use that too. 

I already looked into Email this issue but it is way to overpowered for my case

Or if I could add a custom field, it would be great

Iago Docando
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 12, 2019

Sure, If you don't mind to use a plugin I can recomend you a very simple one (and free) called EMAIL PF. 

With it you can configure templates and set it up so at a given point in your workflow an email is sent to your boss. You'll have to check the documentation to see if you can add the comments to the template but what I'm sure of is that you could use any custom field in your template so at the very least you could add a custom field where you compose a summary of the information your boss needs to check and use that.

I've been using this plugin for the last 3 years and I'm fully satisfied so hopefuly it suits your needs aswell.

https://bitbucket.org/it-idea/email-pf/wiki/Home

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events