Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Jira Service Desk Notification Issue

Rita July 16, 2020

Hi Team, good day~~~

We are using Jira Service Desk (Server) as our ticketing tool, but we met some issues regarding notification.

We used default notification scheme, and when a ticket is created, we can receive the email notification, but delayed about 30 minutes.... and when a ticket is resolved, we can not receive email notification. I checked notification helper, it shows no errors. Also, I created a new scheme and associate with the project, but no email notification sent at all....

Could you please help advice on this issue? we are implementing tool chain and we need email notification to send to related resource when ticket is resolved.

Also, is there any solution to resolve notification delay issue? thanks in advance~

1 answer

2 votes
Tessa Tuteleers
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 16, 2020

Hi Rita, 

Are you talking about customer or agent notifications in Jira service desk? The two use a completely different scheme so you could check both. 

In the newer jira versions, notifications are batched by default. As an admin you can configure over how much time they should be batched. You could lower that time or de-activate batching all together to resolve your notification delay issue. 

Hope this helps.

Dave Liao
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 16, 2020

To add onto Tessa's response, I would review Atlassian's support doc on configuring email notifications. Good luck!

Like # people like this
Rita July 16, 2020

Hi Tessa,

Thanks for your quick response!!!

I disabled batching notification and the delay issue was resolved when I tested it first time, but when I tested second time, it delayed again about 20 minutes....I am not sure why..

Besides, I am wondering how can I check which notifications that I am using. I guess I am using agent notification as the email content is different from customer notification template. How can I make changes to make sure I can receive notifications when issue resolved? For your reference, I am using Jira API to create issues as admin role, and resolve issue also as admin role. Could you please advice on this?

Really appreciate~~~ : )

Dave Liao
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 2, 2020

@Rita - any luck with your notification delay issue?

Jira Service Desk notifications are specific to Jira projects of the Service Desk type. They're the ones presented to customers. You can customize them, or enable/disable them, on a project-by-project basis. Navigate to your project settings, then check "Customer notifications".

Whether or not you have Jira Service Desk configured for a Jira instance, you will get Jira notifications.

Learn about the anatomy of these notifications here.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events