Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Jira Service Desk: Automated response

J_H__Jiao June 18, 2020

Hello,

Is there a way to set up an automated response for issues not updated for more than a week? I want to mark those issues as resolved  while simultaneously also putting in a response like:

"Hi there,

Thanks for having contacted IST. We have not heard back from you in a while, so this ticket will now get resolved for the time being. If you require additional assistance, feel free to reply to this email and we will respond to it right away. Take care.

Regards,
IST"

Is there any way I can do this in Jira Service Desk? 

Thanks in advance for any advice!

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 18, 2020

Hi @J_H__Jiao , welcome to the Community. You will need some form of Automation for this. there are a lot of addons out there for automation and scripting and maybe you already have one? Examples: Scriptrunner, Automation for Jira, Power Scripts, etc. I personally use A4J primarily because it is easy and, for Cloud, it is included. Note that A4J has a free version but it limits you to 300 automation executions per month.

J_H__Jiao June 18, 2020

Thank you!

Bryan M
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 28, 2020

To add to this; since I originally misunderstood it when automation for jira (A4J) moved to cloud. For cloud A4J, if you are running a project only rule (not global or multi-project rule), you get unlimited executions. If you run multi-project / global rules, you get a specific number of executions based on your subscription level and/or number of users. 

There is a good explanation on this question; https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-Service-Desk-questions/Automations-execution-limit/qaq-p/1335552

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events