Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Jira Service Desk 4.11.0 customer portal not loading in Safari browser

Matthew Gaffney October 19, 2020

We have verified that our Safari users are not able to browse to the Jira Service Desk portal. Where this seems to be working fine in other browsers.

We also are able to use Safari to view the agent view. 

4 answers

0 votes
Danny Brown October 20, 2020

EDIT!!  @Matthew Gaffney 

We were having he exact same issue.  Disabling the HelpCenter Corrector app did fix things for us in Safari on a Mac and on Phone!

I realize you tried this and it didn't work for you but I'd encourage you to try it again as we had what sounded like the exact same problem and we had upgrade the app just yesterday when the problems started.

Your post really helped us solve it. Thanks and wishing you good luck!

dany

Matthew Gaffney October 22, 2020

Glad things worked out well for you. We're still seeing mixed results. Disabling HelpCenter Corrector does seem to help, but I can still reproduce the error at times where HelpCenter Corrector is disabled or in instances where it was never installed. 

We have been in talks with Apple and Atlassian. If anything I hope our talks with Apple result in some sort of diagnosis of how Apple renders the display in their browsers because this seems to be working fine in other browsers. 

If there seems to be something Apple discovers we are doing to cause the issue, that will be helpful as well. 

Danny Brown October 22, 2020

Sorry to hear you still have issues.

As mentioned, we have the same version  running on Server on-prem without issues in Safari since removing Corrector. So my guess would be this plugin and other plugins are the cause as that's likely where we differ.  I'd try uninstalling all plugins in a dev env, if you can.

All the best.

Dirk Ronsmans
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 22, 2020

Always a good idea when you encounter these issues.

Try going in to Safe mode and enable each app on its own. 

• enable
  • test
  • disable
  • next one..

Depending on the amount of apps of course this can be an annoying process but you should at least find each app that is causing mayhem on its own!

https://confluence.atlassian.com/upm/disabling-and-enabling-apps-273875716.html#Disablingandenablingapps-Disablingorenablingallapps(usingSafeMode)

Troy Chaplin October 22, 2020

@Matthew Gaffney I alerted the makers of HelpCenter Corrector to the issues that @Danny Brown and I encountered and they are looking into it on their end as well. I hope you come to a quick solution!

Like Matthew Gaffney likes this
Matthew Gaffney October 22, 2020

Thank you! I reached out to them via email. I'm waiting to hear back. 

Like Troy Chaplin likes this
Troy Chaplin October 22, 2020

Great, I also sent them a link to this issue as well so they would be aware of it

Matthew Gaffney October 28, 2020

@Troy Chaplin / @Danny Brown did either of you get a solution from HelpCenter Corrector? They haven't responded to me at all, which seems super strange to me. 

Thank you

Troy Chaplin October 28, 2020

Sorry @Matthew Gaffney I haven't heard anything since they thanked me for reporting the error. I emailed them instead of setting up that telegram app they prefer. Not sure if that makes any difference.

Matthew Gaffney October 28, 2020

I emailed them also in place of using the telegram app as well. Glad I'm not alone there. :-) 

Matthew Gaffney October 29, 2020

I was able to reproduce this error this morning in Safe Mode on our Demo environment where HelpCenter Corrector wasn't installed.

HelpCenter corrector may not be the cause of the issue, but the app certainly makes things worse. With the app disabled or in safe mode it takes a whole lot more attempts to see this fail. 

I've gotten this to fail by:

• simply logging into the portal with an account that only has portal access. 
  • logging in as an agent and selecting the view customer request button
  • logging in as an agent and typing the address to the customer portal

The third option is how I got this to fail in Safe Mode this morning. 

0 votes

Further troubleshooting on this within our team and we've identified this to be an issue with the update we just applied for the HelpCenter Corrector app. 

From what I can tell so far is the User Interface for that app hasn't changed, so it's not clear to me what has changed to make this stop working in Safari only. 

*EDIT*

We also tested this in our Demo environment where the plug in doesn't exist and the issue remains.

Dirk Ronsmans
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 19, 2020

That’s what I assumed. 
Open that developer console and submit a bug with them. 
(could be a known issue)

u can always downgrade the app to verify

I've reached out to them. Thank you for the suggestions. 

Matthew Gaffney October 20, 2020

We've ruled out the app. We've submitted an issue to Apple as this version of Safari had other bugs, and so far as we can tell the issue started after the latest version of Safari was installed on our computers. This update happened around the same time as our last JSD update too... so it makes it harder to pinpoint things. :-) 

We have just a few Apple users, and not all of them use Safari, so it's possible this has been occurring for a couple of weeks already now. 

0 votes
Dirk Ronsmans
Community Leader
Community Leader
October 19, 2020

Does safari have something similar to a developer console?

I suggest opening that and seeing whether the page throws any errors. I’ve had something similar with IE and scriptrunner behaviours. 

Also, if your environment allows, try disabling addons to see if any recent update causes it. 
did u update to 4.11 recently?

Matthew Gaffney October 20, 2020

I did use a JavaScript developer console option in Safari. The errors there that stood out were:

[Error] ReferenceError: Can't find variable: responseData

[Error] Unhandled Promise Rejection: ReferenceError: Can't find variable: responseData

[Error] Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 503 () (ui-portal.js.map, line 0)

Dirk Ronsmans
Community Leader
Community Leader
October 20, 2020

Do you also ge that when you disable the app?

Otherwise I'd still send it to the vendor :)

0 votes
Ismael Jimoh
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 19, 2020

Hi @Matthew Gaffney 

I will suggest doing the following:

1. Logout of Jira
  2. Access the customer portal link in Safari
  3. Login back to Jira proper as an agent
  4. Create a support zip noting what time you experienced the error
  5. Check your atlassian-jira.log if any error is returned at said time.

If you can reproduce the problem then:

1. Check jira.atlassian.com if an issue about this has been raised.
  2. If not, raise a ticket providing more information about the problem. If there’s an error in your log, add it to the ticket.

Regards.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
SERVER
VERSION
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events