Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Jira Server Request Type KEY value

RL April 22, 2021

We are trying to create a new issue in Jira server using python. The project has 3 different request types, when creating the issue, it fails due to not including the request type in the Create_issue. We have the Request type ID but we cant seem to find the request type KEY value needed. According to:

https://confluence.atlassian.com/jirakb/how-to-set-request-type-when-creating-an-issue-via-rest-api-using-rest-api-2-issue-endpoint-938041214.html

We have checked /rest/servicedeskapi/servicedesk/2/requesttype/ and that gives information on the requesttype ID but not the KEY. Where can we find the key so that we can include the requet type in the creation of the issue.

1 answer

1 vote
Jousef April 29, 2021

Hey @RL

I have been searching for this as well and can't seem to find a good answer here.

But there is a way if you have the Jira Workflow Toolbox (JWT) plugin installed. On the Manage Apps page you can find the tab for the Expression Parser Test Page. Here you can choose the field "Request Type" and the the issue with the request type you're searching the key for.

When you run it, it will give you the right key with the portal ID in front and all.

I hope there is another answer to this as well. I was lucky to have the JWT app installed in our Jira instance and was able to quickly get the right key.

Best,
Jousef

RL April 29, 2021

Ah interesting, ill look into that! YEs it would be great to find this information easier though, its a bit of a pain otherwise!

thanks

Like Jousef likes this

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
SERVER
VERSION
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events