Jira Next Gen: Still Unresolved stats of Resolution under queues

Rodriguez_ Jhon Ronald August 3, 2020

i am using jira next gen version. i want to update the status under resolved on queues. i cant see the option of resolution to auto update the field in transition to "resolved".

when i created additional manual resolution field. it will add to queues. it has now double resolution.

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 6, 2020

Hello @Rodriguez_ Jhon Ronald,

Thank you for reaching out to Atlassian Community!

On Jira Service Desk next-gen projects, the field "Resolved" is empty because tickets are closed without a resolution.

This field is populated with the date that a resolution was added to the ticket and this works only for Classic projects.

I created a feature a while ago suggesting to add Resolution on next-gen, but it was closed. Please, check the comment from the Product Manager:

In Jira Service Desk next-gen we've decided to focus on using status categories so that when a request is done, it's done. There is no resolution in Jira Service Desk next-gen out of the box (which differs from Classic).

If your organization requires a resolution to be set for a specific workflow when the request gets done, you can easily create a resolution field for the specific request type using a custom dropdown field.  You can either mark it as required or not. If you mark it as required, you will need to set a default value, e.g. unresolved.

There is a new feature suggesting this ability:

Please, click on vote and watch to receive updates about the feature.

For now, you need to use queues in next-gen based on status only and not depend on the resolution.

Regards,
Angélica

Rodriguez_ Jhon Ronald August 6, 2020

Thanks for the tip. However, this will not aligned on the dashboard that has created vs. Resolved widget.

We already created resolution for specific type and does not reflect on widget dashboard.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events