Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Jira Insight - Map a Jira-User to an Insight Object during csv-import

Mario December 1, 2020

Dear all,

not sure if this topic belongs here, but as Insight is still quite new in direct atlassian portfolio it seems like it is not yet included in the basic dropdowns for selecting the affected product. So far I was not able to find anything similar in an open ticket.

I have an existing and working Insight setup with a csv-import creating employee-objects in a scheme. The csv as well as the employee-object have an attribute "mailaddress" filled with e.g. "A.B@C.DE". Additionally I have added an "user"-attribute to the employee-object where I may add manually an existing Jira-User to this object.

I would like to assign that Jira-User directly during the csv-import by finding the matching Jira-User by the given mailaddress.

How and where can I do this? Is this something which I can configure somewhere before/during/after the csv-import directly in Insight? Or do I have to solve it e.g. by a scriptrunner batch job indepdent from the pure csv-import and the Insight functionalities?

Thank you very much for your help.

Best regards
Mario 

1 answer

0 votes
benreay December 15, 2020

Hi Mario,

Did you manage to find out how to import Assets via csv with Jira Users assigned?

I haven't been able to find any information on how to do this.

Mario December 15, 2020

Nope, unfortunately not so far.

Nenad Micic May 17, 2022

Hi there, Not sure it this is still a question but you can do that but creating attribute User and then export User List CSV in order to get User ID list, connect them with emails and then import/update exist object type in Asset :)

Hope this is understandable

Best Regards,
Nenad

fishern July 19, 2022

@Nenad Micic can you explain this further?
I have a object type for my users and an object type for my assets, yet I cannot figure how to connect the 2 during a CSV import

Nenad Micic July 19, 2022

Hi there, 

Il try to :)

So everything in this are revolving around creating reference while importing if you want to update multiple objects at once

In your case User object should have asset object as attribute. both object should have one attribute as an unique value (usually that is Employee ID or hash for assets).

While importing lets say you are importing User CSV, in row with user you should provide hash for an asset that user is owner of. When you upload CSV you need to go mapping when you select attribute that is Asset Object and link it to column where hash is stored. After that you will have to enter reference so that insight can search it by it.

example "attribute (where attribute is identifier/label of that object" = ${CSV_HEADER_NAME} where CSV_HEADER_NAME is the datalocator

Trial and error is best way to learn this, i learn it with help of community and revers engineering of Discovery import.

Hope this was helpful

Best Regards<
Nenad

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events