Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Jira Admin roles not having access to a Project in Jira Service Managment

Ian Swinnerton September 21, 2022

We have just created some new users within Jira Service Management to process tickets within a specific project which we have been using successfully for the last six months. I have simply duplicated exactly the same settings  as previous users within Atlassian User Account settings etc, roles and perrmissions are all assigned the same etc, and yet the new users can;t see the Project in their list of available projects and in our usual direct link to the main queue they get the message 'Something went wrong - this project may have been deleted or your persmissions may have changed'.

I thought it might have been a licencsing issue, but all that checks out okay - any ideas as to how to solve this?

Thnaks!!

1 answer

0 votes
Lisa Förstberg
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 21, 2022

Hi Ian,

I normally run this troubleshooting checklist for permissions: 

• Check product access - does the user have JSM product access? 
  • Check the project Peoples list - does the user have the agent role in the list?
  • Check the projects permission scheme - ensure that the browse project permission is set to agent role
  • Run the permission helper (under system > admin helper)

Then some checking for human errors:

• Check the user account latest log in, just to spot if they use another account than you have granted access to.
  • Observe the user when they try to log in and browse the project
  • Do you have scriptrunner? then you can log in as the user to confirm what they are experiencing.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events