Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

JSM project not upgraded

Emanuel Boder January 26, 2021

We have a JSM project which was made before the recent bit updates. Shouldn't this project be upgraded?

If I create a new JSM project I see the new features/layout etc .. but the one we use has none of the new stuff.

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Prince Nyeche
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 26, 2021

Hi @Emanuel Boder 

Welcome to community! On Cloud, every update goes across the applications on the instance. So if you notice something that is supposed to be there but isn't then most likely something is wrong. Just to be clear, have you confirmed that you're on a Classic JSM project as opposed to the next-gen JSM? Can you also share a screenshot (non-sensitive info) to demonstrate the difference in what you see vs expected?

Screenshot from 2021-01-26 14-15-02.pngScreenshot from 2021-01-26 14-13-47.pngScreenshot from 2021-01-26 14-13-34.png

'IT Support' is the one we are using. 

Prince Nyeche
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 26, 2021

Hey @Emanuel Boder 

I think you're using the new IT Service Management template. If the project you had before used the IT incident template then you should have similar features. However from the image, it seems as though the old project was using a general service template rather than the IT incident template. So it won't change to have such same features as the template is an entirely different template.

They are both ...

Project Type: Service ManagemenScreenshot from 2021-01-26 16-52-52.pngScreenshot from 2021-01-26 16-52-40.png

Prince Nyeche
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 26, 2021

Hey @Emanuel Boder 

That's the project type and not a project template. project type refers to the project the Jira application can use. There are 3 types, Service management, Software and Business. However all projects on Jira uses a project template which defines how the project type configuration should be done during creation. I believe that is what's happening in this situation. The project templates are different between both Service management projects, that's the only logical explanation here. during creation you might have chosen a different template (in the old project) and hence such change can't be done automatically. You can see the different project templates once you want to create a new project by clicking the "Change Template" button.

In order to rectify this, you can perform a bulk change (using the issue navigator search) after creating a new JSM project template you require and bulk move the issues from the old project into the desired new project. The downside is that your project key won't be retained.

Emanuel Boder January 27, 2021

The project templates are different between both Service management projects, that's the only logical explanation here.

So there is no way to know!? 

during creation you might have chosen a different template (in the old project)

While it's possible I think it is extremely unlikely that I chose a template which was not the default and/or meant to be used for IT service/support teams. Basically I don't think this was the case.

You can see the different project templates once you want to create a new project by clicking the "Change Template" button.

Yes, like so:

Screenshot from 2021-01-27 13-43-17.png

... but again, there is just no way that I would have chosen a template other than one meant for the task of IT service/support - Looking at the rest of the templates makes me even more convinced of that.

Prince Nyeche
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 27, 2021

So there is no way to know!? 

There's no way to know. However I'm not sure if Atlassian support can check other properties at their end.

While it's possible I think it is extremely unlikely that I chose a template which was not the default and/or meant to be used for IT service/support teams. Basically I don't think this was the case.

If this was done months ago, it is pretty hard to say for certain.

... but again, there is just no way that I would have chosen a template other than one meant for the task of IT service/support - Looking at the rest of the templates makes me even more convinced of that.

If you're very certain, you will need the help of Atlassian support to prove that.

Emanuel Boder January 27, 2021

Ok, thanks. I have opened a support ticket.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events