JSM cloud unable to set approvers

Gemma January 13, 2022

As a complete newbie, I've checked all different types of forums, watched far too many tutorials and been pointed in the right direction but to no avail.

My aim is to create a Support ticket so our users can create multiple requests and we keep them all in one place. I've successfully managed to link this to a confluence page as a table so people can keep posted about various issues they may need to track. Additionally, I've managed to assign a project lead (linked to insight) and set it to auto assign specific requests.

The only thing I'm having trouble with, is trying to get insight and jsm to talk to each other for approvers. The best help that has been presented so far is this.  Unfortunately, I've been stuck on the very first point because what is shown on the help does not correlate what is shown on my screen. Here is a screenshot of my view:Screenshot_JSM_Approvals.png

Versus a screenshot of the guidance given:Atlassian_JSM_Approvals.png

I've heard a LOT of grumbling about the fact that there are different versions depending on what you're subscribed to and no actual guidance on which version you're looking at the help for.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

3 answers

2 votes
Rudy Holtkamp
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 18, 2022

Hi @Gemma ,

The page you are referring to is for Jira Server & Insight server. Your screenshot is from cloud, so hence the different screens. Not all features of server are possible in the cloud and the other way around.

Here you can see if a page is for Cloud or Server/Data center

image.png

Probably not the answer you want, but it is what it is.

Alternatively you can copy with an automation rule approvers from insight objects to a custom field which stores users which you can select in the transition you show above. 

Rudy Holtkamp
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 18, 2022

The automation rule can be something like:

image.png

Where the advanced edit looks like:

{
"fields": {
"Approvers": [{"accountId":"{{user}}"}]
}
}

Note that this is only if you have one user selected in the LookupObjects var.

Otherwise you have to split it into multiple approvers. Second note the current approvers are overwritten.

Hope this helps

Gemma January 20, 2022

Thanks Rudy, I'll give this a go :)

1 vote
Julia Shcherbyna _SaaSJet_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
January 20, 2022

Hi @Gemma! As an alternative for your approval workflow, try to use Business Process Manager, developed by my team.

Here, you can add the approval step to your business workflow that allows set up approval by a single person or group of users to approve requests in sequential order.

947fffc2-946f-4cdb-a8d5-1909da054bc8.gif

After an assignee submits the form in the issue, the assignee will be changed to the first approver.

1 vote
Patrick Haley January 17, 2022

Approvers can only be users with access to the project. If you want to copy the users from one project to another via an automation workflow, they'll need to be users with access to both projects. 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events