• Give kudos
  • Received
  • Given

Leaderboard

• Global

Trophy case

Kudos (beta program)

Kudos logo

You've been invited into the Kudos (beta program) private group. Chat with others in the program, or give feedback to Atlassian.

View group

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

JSM - Showing a different language

Hi All,

Recently we moved to Jira Cloud from Server.

We have enabled CSAT now in JSM. But I am noticing an issue with the CSAT emails that get sent to our customers.

The primary language should be English in these emails. My JSM team is in Brazil and it seems that JSM is adhering to their native language instead of what is set in JSM.

How can I fix this?

See attached.Screen Shot 2021-02-02 at 10.32.21 am.png

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted

Hello Kale,

Thank you for reaching out to Atlassian Community!

Testing on my local site, I was able to replicate the same issue. What is happening, in this case, is that Adriel might be using their Jira in Portuguese and this is overriding the customers' default language.

When changing our Atlassian account language, not everything in Jira is translated, some status shows in English and others in Portuguese. It will depend if a translation were added to that status or not, that's why some status shows correctly on the notification.

Agent profile in Portuguese and customer profile in English:

Screen Shot 2021-02-02 at 15.03.07.png

Both agent and customer profile in English:

Screen Shot 2021-02-02 at 15.03.20.png

This issue was reported as a bug:

Please, click on "This affects my team" and also watch to receive updates.

For now, the best option is to ask your Brazilian agents to change their profile language to English on https://id.atlassian.com/manage-profile/account-preferences.

Kind regards,
Angélica

@Angélica Luz thank you for the quick response!

Is it possible to set up JSM CSAT to always show English to my customers but still allow my Brazilian team to use Jira in Portuguese?

I think it would be unfair for me to force my Brazilian team to use English.

However from my customer perspective they obviously cannot read Portuguese so I need to ensure that CSAT is setup as English.

Hi Kale,

Due to the bug, it will not be possible, but I found a workaround that might help.

This workaround will only be possible if customers are not using the portal in Portuguese, otherwise, it will start affecting them instead of customers that use it in English.

In Jira, it’s possible to add translations for statuses and resolutions and you can add any translations you want. So, what I did was select Portuguese and added the translation using the same as English.

These steps must be done by a Jira administrator.

Go to Cog icon > Issues > Statuses. On this page, click on Translate statuses.

Select Portuguese (Brazil) and click on View. Then, just copy and paste the statuses and descriptions.

Screen Shot 2021-02-03 at 15.51.33.png

After updating that, it will be necessary to translate the resolutions as well. 

On Cog icon > Issues > Resolutions, click on Translate resolutions and follow the same steps.

Screen Shot 2021-02-03 at 15.53.53.png

Hope this helps!

Like Kale Bullen likes this

Thank you for this! I have just implemented it now and about to test it.

Like Angélica Luz likes this

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Jira Service Management

Why upgrade to Jira Service Management Premium?

We often have questions from folks using Jira Service Management about the benefits to using Premium. Check out this video to learn how you can unlock even more value in our Premium plan.  &nb...

189 views 1 6
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you